Which method is best to produce duplex steel seamless pipe?
The manufacture of duplex pipe usually employs the extrusion procedure and the rotary piercing method. To create the DSS seamless pipe shape, a heated billet of steel is forced through a die during extrusion.
In contrast, rotary piercing involves puncturing a heated billet with a pointed mandrel. The billet is initially stretched to produce the DSS welded pipe.
Duplex steel seamless pipe supplier in India
What are the advantages of using duplex welded pipe in corrosive environments?
A DSS pipe offers various advantages in environments that are corrosive. The DSS pipes combine the benefits of both austenitic and ferritic stainless steels.
DSS tubing and pipes provide superior resistance to various types of corrosion such as pitting, crevice corrosion, and stress corrosion cracking. Due to this, a DSS schedule 40 pipe is an excellent choice for high chloride or hostile chemical conditions.
We are top 7 duplex stainless steel seamless pipe stockist in India, our duplex stainless schedule 40 pipe are manufactured using advanced techniques
Duplex stainless steel pipes
Duplex Welded pipe
Duplex seamless pipe
top 6 things you should remember while buying duplex stainless steel pipe
- Determine the unique qualities and attributes that each grade possesses
- Evaluate the corrosion resistance of the DSS round pipe
- Verify that the DSS ERW pipes meet quality standards
- Consider the required dimensions, including pipe diameter, wall thickness, and length
- Choose a reputable supplier who deliverers quality DSS pipes
- Don’t stress the price, emphasize the value that DSS pipes provide
We supply duplex steel pipe for various industries, check sizes and wall thicknesses of our stainless steel duplex ERW pipes
Table of Content
- Specification of duplex steel seamless pipe
- Types of duplex stainless pipe
- Chemical composition of DSS pipe
- Mechanical properties of duplex steel welded pipe
- Size chart of stainless steel duplex pipe
- Cold worked condition of duplex seamless pipe
- Wall thickness of DSS pipes (metric-units)
- Wall thickness of duplex steel pipes (imperial-units)
Specification of duplex steel seamless pipe
We are top, high quality duplex pipe supplier in India
Looking for duplex stainless steel pipe supplier in India for urgent delivery? check latest online price list
Types of duplex stainless pipe
DSS ERW pipe
- OD: 5.0mm – 203.2mm
- Wall thickness: 0.5mm to 20mm
- Length: 1/8″ – 3 1/2″
Stainless steel duplex pipe
- Manufacturing process: extrusion process
- Hardness: 270 Max HB
- Shape: round, square, rectangular
DSS square pipe
- Application: petrochemical
- Tensile strength: 620 MPa
- Yield strength: 450 MPa
View duplex round pipe chemical composition and equivalent specification
Chemical composition of DSS pipe
Mechanical properties of duplex steel welded pipe
Size chart of stainless steel duplex pipe
Cold worked condition of duplex seamless pipe
Wall thickness of DSS pipes (metric-units)
Wall thickness of duplex steel pipes (imperial-units)
How do you perform NDT on duplex steel round pipe to detect defects, cracks, or other issues?
Non-destructive testing (NDT) methods are used by manufacturers to detect issues in duplex pipes. The following are some of the most regularly used NDT techniques for assessing DSS suppliers in India:
- Visual Inspection (VI)
- Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI)
- Liquid Penetrant Testing (LPT)
- Radiographic Testing (RT)
Depending on the unique requirements of the DSS pipes, these NDT procedures can be employed singly or in combination
What are the typical applications for duplex steel pipe in different industries?
Project engineers use DSS pipes in various industries due to their excellent combination of corrosion resistance, strength, and durability. These DSS tubing and pipes serve a variety of functions in oil refineries.
A DSS square pipe is frequently used in chemical and petrochemical industries where resistance to strong chemicals is critical. These DSS pipes are used in water and wastewater treatment plants for transporting and distributing treated water.
What are the key properties and characteristics of DSS pipes?
DSS pipes possess several key properties and characteristics and this is why this material is highly desirable for various applications. One of the most significant advantages of DSS pipes that steel buyers prefer is their exceptional corrosion resistance.
DSS pipes also offer high strength compared to austenitic and ferritic stainless steel. A DSS pipe has high ductility and toughness factors, making them resistant to rapid loading.
How do I choose filler metal to weld a duplex pipe?
Here are the list of recommended filler metals
- ISO 14343 S 22 9 3 N L
- AWS A5.9 ER2209
- MMA welding
- SMAW welding
- ISO 3581 E 22 9 3 N L R
- AWS A5.4 E2209-17
- ISO 3581 E 22 9 3 N L B
- AWS A5.4 E2209-15
- ISO 14343 S 22 9 3 N L
- AWS A5.9 ER2209 welding wire
- ER2209 strip electrodes